Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Statement of Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my impressions of and feelings as I go through my entire iTunes catalog, all 7,837 songs (19.2 days worth of music) . I have realized how little of my catalog I actually listen to, and I want to change that, at least temporarily. Who knows what my impressions will be, maybe I'll rediscover an artist who I had forgotten. Maybe I'll realize how much my tastes have changed over the years. I'm interested and excited to find out. I plan to listen alphabetically, hence the title of the blog. After each letter is finished I will write up and publish a new post. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog, and that perhaps it will inspire you to do something similar and rediscover music you had forgotten you loved. Stay tuned, and feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for this. You've already inspired me to do the same; it's been mostly pleasant (and really eclectic) so far.

    ReplyDelete